Moving Timeline Checklist
Four Weeks Before Move:
• Insure that both you and the buyers receive copies of all documents pertinent to the
• Call for moving estimates to move your furniture and personal belongings.
• Inventory all of household items
• Purchase moving supplies such as boxes, tape, rope and anything else you might need and
Start Packing Now!
• Gather all items that you won’t be taking with you from basement, shed, closets, garage and
plan a garage sale or donate to charity
• Make a list of all people/organizations you must inform of your move/change of address
• Complete U.S. Postal Service change of address forms and mail them to all applicable
publications, stores and organizations.
• Get copies of all medical, dental, accounting, legal, school and veterinary records and
arrange for transfer if necessary.
• Contact insurance agent to transfer or cancel coverage
• Plan your travel route if you are driving to your new home’
• Develop a plan for packing
Three Weeks Before Move:
• Arrange for news utility services at new address such as gas, electric, cable, phone, trash.
• Confirm moving company
• Notify banks of your move and either close accounts or transfer accounts to new state
• Collect all important papers for move such as will, insurance, deeds, stocks
Two Weeks Before Move:
• Prepare autos for trip if moving. Check tires, change oil and have serviced.
• Leave garage door remotes, house keys, mailbox keys, manuals for appliances in kitchen
• Prepare trip itinerary that include route, hotel stays, emergency contacts
• Schedule for appliance disconnects for day before move or on moving day
• Arrange for someone to take care of pets during move
One Week Before Move:
• Defrost Refrigerator/Freezer
• Pack boxes that you will need immediately upon arrival to new home and keep them with
• Fill any necessary prescriptions
• Arrange for care for pets and children on day of move
• Put garage door remotes, house keys, mailbox keys and appliance manuals in kitchen
drawer for new homeowners.
• Record all utility meter readings so you do not get charged additional
• Review inventory checklist with your driver, give them a copy and keep two copies for
• Fill up your car with gas
I have worked with Cheryl several times (buying and selling) and I can confidently give her my highest recommendation. Cheryl is an intelligent, thorough and motivated agent who will work diligently to provide a pleasant and successful real estate transaction. – R Chang (client of Cheryl Menayas)
Working with you was a great experience. Your knowledge, consulting and negotiating skills made the selling process go so smoothly. I will recommend you to my family, friends and anyone interested in selling or buying a home. – Judy B (client of Vicki Kaplan)
This was my first time selling my house and I really didn’t know what might be in store for me. Chris, put my worries at easy and guided me through the whole process, it was very easy. Chris laid everything out for me and was very knowledgeable, whenever I had a question. I would recommend him to anyone. – Cameron K (client of Chris Nace)
No small part of this deal working out was due to the intense negotiations and juggling of our real estate agent, Denise Pruitt with Arizona Best Real Estate. She acted in our best interest at every turn, taking the brunt of the unpleasantness and making it work out. WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS HOUSE WITHOUT HER. I think she is owed a bedroom, at least. Maybe a portion of the pool. – Eric & Kathryn (clients of Denise Pruitt)
Thank you for helping me find my beautiful home. I knew it was hard work, but it was worth it. Thanks again for everything and for being such a good friend. – Kristin (client of Denise Pruitt)
This was my first time selling a house. I was worried about the whole process but then I was introduced to Chris. He took all the pressure off me with his expertise, knowledge of the industry, and his professionalism. Thank you Chris. – Brody M (client of Chris Nace)
Ruth Sells was just a pleasure to work with and the best Realtor we have had the opportunity of meeting in many years of searching. – the Stumpfs (client of Ruth Sells)
Thank you for the fabulous job you did in helping us find and purchase a home in Scottsdale. I have been involved in the legal and personal end of real estate for more than 35 years, and you are by far the most conscientious, helpful and competent real estate agent I have ever run across. In short, you’re the best. – Craig and Charlotte H. (clients of Vicki Kaplan)
‘I would STRONGLY recommend Colleen to anyone that needs a realtor. She did an outstanding job on the sale of two of my condos. I live out of town and she took care of every detail including resolving some challenging glitches that developed along the way.’ – Steve (client of Colleen Olson)
My husband and I recently had the pleasure of working with Kathy Dalton. Our experience with Kathy was so impressive that I feel it absolutely necessary to share it with you. If Kathy is representative of the realtors in your organization, then you are fortunate indeed to lead an all-star team. Perhaps the most important thing I can say to express what a pleasure it was to work with Kathy is that she treated us like friends.– Lori (client of Kathy Dalton)