Moving Timeline Checklist
Four Weeks Before Move:
• Insure that both you and the buyers receive copies of all documents pertinent to the
• Call for moving estimates to move your furniture and personal belongings.
• Inventory all of household items
• Purchase moving supplies such as boxes, tape, rope and anything else you might need and
Start Packing Now!
• Gather all items that you won’t be taking with you from basement, shed, closets, garage and
plan a garage sale or donate to charity
• Make a list of all people/organizations you must inform of your move/change of address
• Complete U.S. Postal Service change of address forms and mail them to all applicable
publications, stores and organizations.
• Get copies of all medical, dental, accounting, legal, school and veterinary records and
arrange for transfer if necessary.
• Contact insurance agent to transfer or cancel coverage
• Plan your travel route if you are driving to your new home’
• Develop a plan for packing
Three Weeks Before Move:
• Arrange for news utility services at new address such as gas, electric, cable, phone, trash.
• Confirm moving company
• Notify banks of your move and either close accounts or transfer accounts to new state
• Collect all important papers for move such as will, insurance, deeds, stocks
Two Weeks Before Move:
• Prepare autos for trip if moving. Check tires, change oil and have serviced.
• Leave garage door remotes, house keys, mailbox keys, manuals for appliances in kitchen
• Prepare trip itinerary that include route, hotel stays, emergency contacts
• Schedule for appliance disconnects for day before move or on moving day
• Arrange for someone to take care of pets during move
One Week Before Move:
• Defrost Refrigerator/Freezer
• Pack boxes that you will need immediately upon arrival to new home and keep them with
• Fill any necessary prescriptions
• Arrange for care for pets and children on day of move
• Put garage door remotes, house keys, mailbox keys and appliance manuals in kitchen
drawer for new homeowners.
• Record all utility meter readings so you do not get charged additional
• Review inventory checklist with your driver, give them a copy and keep two copies for
• Fill up your car with gas
This was my first time selling a house. I was worried about the whole process but then I was introduced to Chris. He took all the pressure off me with his expertise, knowledge of the industry, and his professionalism. Thank you Chris. – Brody M (client of Chris Nace)
Thank you for helping me find my beautiful home. I knew it was hard work, but it was worth it. Thanks again for everything and for being such a good friend. – Kristin (client of Denise Pruitt)
Sheri helped us narrow down a list of homes she prepared for us, encouraged us not to just settle and within 48 hours we were signing papers to a home that suited all of our needs. Sheri was very knowledgeable and the made the house hunting experience A LOT OF FUN!! We would personally recommend Sheri to anyone looking to purchase a home in the future. – Bob & Sue H (clients of Sheri Jackson)
My husband and I recently had the pleasure of working with Kathy Dalton. Our experience with Kathy was so impressive that I feel it absolutely necessary to share it with you. If Kathy is representative of the realtors in your organization, then you are fortunate indeed to lead an all-star team. Perhaps the most important thing I can say to express what a pleasure it was to work with Kathy is that she treated us like friends.– Lori (client of Kathy Dalton)
Thank you for the fabulous job you did in helping us find and purchase a home in Scottsdale. I have been involved in the legal and personal end of real estate for more than 35 years, and you are by far the most conscientious, helpful and competent real estate agent I have ever run across. In short, you’re the best. – Craig and Charlotte H. (clients of Vicki Kaplan)
‘I would STRONGLY recommend Colleen to anyone that needs a realtor. She did an outstanding job on the sale of two of my condos. I live out of town and she took care of every detail including resolving some challenging glitches that developed along the way.’ – Steve (client of Colleen Olson)
Working with you was a great experience. Your knowledge, consulting and negotiating skills made the selling process go so smoothly. I will recommend you to my family, friends and anyone interested in selling or buying a home. – Judy B (client of Vicki Kaplan)
Just wanted to thank you for the terrific job you did for us in finding the house of our dreams. We love it! Your experience and optimism was greatly appreciated. We feel you have become a friend during the process. Please do not hesitate to use us as a great reference. Good luck in the future and keep in touch. Lots of love. – Tom & Lil (clients of Denise Pruitt)
I have worked with Cheryl several times (buying and selling) and I can confidently give her my highest recommendation. Cheryl is an intelligent, thorough and motivated agent who will work diligently to provide a pleasant and successful real estate transaction. – R Chang (client of Cheryl Menayas)
Sheri Jackson is an amazing realtor! After meeting with her the first time, I knew that she had the passion and drive to help find the right home for me. The best part about the entire process was she made it so simple and easy for me to find a place I now call home. I would personally recommend her expertise to anyone looking for a home or rental in the future. – Ashley (client of Sheri Jackson)